Travel for CPAESS Employees

Authorization is Necessary

Online Travel Request Form (for CPAESS Employees)

All UCAR scientific/business travel must be pre-authorized. Travel that is not authorized cannot be reimbursed without an exception to policy through the UCAR President’s Council. Unauthorized travel is not covered by UCAR Travel Insurance.  Even if you are traveling on business that is being reimbursed by another organization, you need to notify our office in advance so we can issue an authorization “for insurance purposes only”. 

Please complete the Online Travel Request Form. This information goes directly to the CPAESS travel staff, and you will be contacted within two days regarding your arrangements.

For more info, visit the UCAR travel center.

International Travel

  • All UCAR/CPAESS supported international travel for UCAR supported employee and non-UCAR employees (e.g. Visitors, meeting and workshop participants, etc.) must be arranged through UCAR's contracted travel agency, CAIN Travel, to ensure Fly America Act compliance.
  • Based on guidance from our sponsors, UCAR employees and non-UCAR employees cannot certify their own international travel as Fly America compliant.  Non-compliant travel cannot be reimbursed under any circumstances.
  • Mexico and Canada are international travel and international travel procedures must be applied.

Other items of interest:

CPAESS CAMP Proposal Website

To submit a proposal to the UCAR Climate Adaptation and Mitigation Program (CAMP), please visit the
CAMP website


See CPAESS OpenSky Publications

NCAR/UCAR Metrics Database

CPAESS Contact Information



Shipping Address:
3090 Center Green Dr.
Boulder, CO 80301