Joint COSMIC Tenth Data Users' Workshop and IROWG-6 Meeting Student Program Information
and IROWG-6 Meeting
6:00 pm MDT
We are soliciting submissions of posters from undergraduate and graduate university students to share your experience with and/or plan to use the COSMIC data.
The purpose of the poster session is to provide students an opportunity to share their research, practice their presentation skills, interact with other attendees, and receive feedback on their research from both scientific experts and other students.
|Poster Abstract Submission||July 1 2017|
|Student Financial Travel Support Application||July 1 2017|
|Abstract Acceptance Notification||July 31 2017|
|Student Financial Travel Support Notification||July 31 2017|
All students participating in the Student Poster Session should submit a poster abstract through the workshop Abstract Submission Form (now closed) by July 1 2017.
$200 USD for all students
Financial Travel Support
- The poster display boards are 72 inches tall by 48 inches wide. Participants should ensure that their poster fits within these dimensions and yet the bottom of the poster is still easy to view. The minimum suggested poster size is 36 inches tall by 40 inches wide.
- Posters should include a poster title, information identifying the researcher(s) and their affiliation(s), an abstract, and a short summary of objectives, methodology, results and conclusions
- Posters should be put on the corkboard stands from 5:00pm Wednesday, September 20 through lunch on Thursday, September 21. The poster corkboard stands will be located in the Pinion & Billiard rooms in the Main building. Poster boards will be assigned and a list of these assignments will be posted in the Pinion & Billiard rooms, as well as available at the workshop registration desk. Posting materials will be supplied. All posters will stay up until Monday, September 25 at 6:30pm. Please be sure to take your poster off the stand after 6:30pm on Monday. All posters must be off the stands Monday evening.
- Senior scientists in the poster topic field will be invited to talk to each student during the poster session. Students should plan to stand with their posters in order to orally present them and answer questions
- When your Poster Abstract is accepted you will be asked to submit a short Poster Upload Form for your poster. Be prepared to upload a PDF of the poster AND a .jpg or .png image file of the poster. The image file is necessary in order for the Gallery to have the thumbnail images. It will automatically be added to the Poster Gallery on the website.
- State the objectives at the start
- An abstract is not an introduction
- Assume viewers are not specialists on your topic
- Do not crowd the space with too many results (font size
- State conclusions for each figure nearby, not only at the end of the poster
- Emphasize the scientific significance and originality of your work
- Extract the essence of the work for the viewer, both orally and visually
Additional Student Program Activities (optional)
IROWG Working Group Meetings
Saturday, 23 September
9:00 – 12:00
Stanley Hotel, Breakout rooms
Breakfast and lunch will be provided)
Those students who receive travel assistance will be required to write a short report following the conclusion of the workshop. Details will be provided to the selected students prior to the workshop.