Coastal Habitat Conservation in a Changing Climate: Strategies and Tools for Southern California
Nov. 16 to Nov. 18, 2011
5:00 pm MST
Costa Mesa, CA
- Provide coastal habitat managers in the Southern California region with tools, information and strategies for incorporating climate change into the conservation of coastal habitats.
- Identify core gaps/barriers/needs to better incorporate and respond to climate change in conservation of coastal habitats.
Workshop participants will:
- Identify and prioritize key climate impacts for coastal habitats in the region.
- Examine various tools, best practices, and specific examples for assessing vulnerability and taking action to promoting resilience and adaptation of coastal habitats in a changing climate.
- Initiate development of collaborative conservation strategies for coastal habitats that incorporate and respond to climate change information.
- Identify priority needs and possible solutions for improving conservation of coastal habitats in a changing climate.
Amber Moore (NOAA Fisheries Office of Habitat Conservation): Amber.Moore@noaa.gov, (301) 427-8619
Adrienne Antoine (NOAA Climate Program): (Adrienne.Antoine@noaa.gov), (301) 734-1201