A Career Development Workshop for NSF Geosciences Postdoctoral Researchers
5:00 pm MST
This meeting brings together many of today's postdoctoral researchers who work in the geosciences, including the atmospheric, Earth, ocean, and polar sciences. Some topics to be covered include:
- Proposal writing
- Writing papers and publishing
- Teaching excellence
- Mentoring and managing students
- Insights into the hiring process
Panels of experts, working sessions, and networking meals will give postdocs ample opportunities to get advice and build connections for future support and collaboration. In addition, lodging and travel to beautiful Boulder, Colorado, are included.
- We have 75 postdocs attending and over 50 scientists, educators, and managers as panelists, speakers, and session leaders.
- Proposal writing, publishing, and preparing job application sessions will be a major theme
- Several career development workshops are being offered
- The format will include expert panels, working sessions, talks, and networking events
And it all takes place in gorgeous Boulder, Colorado.
For more information, contact Valerie Sloan, workshop coordinator.
This workshop is funded by the National Science Foundation.