Southern Plains DEWS Partners Meeting
8:11 am MDT
This regional gathering will bring together partners within the Southern Plains Drought Early Warning System (DEWS) network. The objectives of this 2-day meeting are to:
- Build/rebuild partnerships that may have lagged during the pandemic
- Reiterate the presence of climate service providers and other partners in the region and make plans for working together
- Showcase tools, resources, assessments, and capacity building that each network has to offer
- Refresh the dialog about drought and other climate extremes.
Who Should Attend:
This dialogue is particularly relevant to those entities that engage in the following activities:
- Monitor drought conditions
- Engage in drought and water planning
- Utilize climate information in decision making
- Provide information on climate conditions, extremes and impacts
- Conduct research related to drought monitoring, prediction, and risk.