Midwest Climate Outlook and Drought Early Warning System (DEWS) Planning Workshop Ohio Valley- Louisville, KY
Predicting and Preparing for Drought and High Precipitation Events
Nov. 3, 2015
5:00 pm MST
Louisville, KY, USA
Registration is closed.
Purpose of the Midwest DEWs Planning Process:
- Provide a forum for a diverse group of federal, state, tribal and local stakeholders that represent the water and land-resource-management communities, to discuss the issues regarding the appropriate, relevant, useful and readily available drought, climate, weather and water-related information.
- Develop an understanding of the existing observation and monitoring networks, data, tools and other resources available for a climate extreme early drought warning system.
- Identify the sector specific and geographic needs for future tools and informational resources.
Desired Outcomes of the Midwest DEWS Planning Process:
The following desired outcomes will be used to inform a Work Plan for the Midwest DEWS.
- Increased knowledge and awareness of available data, monitoring activities and decision-support tools for climate extreme events (flood and drought).
- Identification of sector specific and geographic informational needs.
- Identification of communication resources that would be most effective for conveying climate extreme event information among sectors and geographic areas.
- Recommendations for future actions, collaborative research, and decision support to improve warning of extreme climate events in the Midwest.