DoD Cloud Post-Processing and Verification Workshop
8:00 am – 5:00 pm MDT
Only Virtual Registration is available now.
Abstract Submission has been closed.
Bring together scientists from various research and operations centers to discuss the post-processing, verification, and operational uses to NWP cloud forecasts for DoD applications. The Department of Defense (DoD) is uniquely tasked with understanding clouds and their impact on tactical decision making. Operational analysis and prediction of clouds, and the downstream post-processing and verification of cloud forecasts are two broad topics the US Navy wishes to explore in greater detail. This two-day workshop aims to bring together researchers from within the DoD and greater science community to exchange ideas and discuss the latest methods for improving our four-dimensional awareness of clouds.
We are seeking presentations focusing on topics related to:
- Probabilistic cloud forecasting
- Statistical post-processing of cloud forecasts, including machine learning techniques
- Cloud analysis techniques
- Diagnosis and verification of clouds
- Operational requirements for DoD-specific applications