Salary & Benefits
Salary & Benefits
The program offers two-year postdoctoral fellowships, reviewed annually. Fellows receive a fixed annual salary. UCAR benefits include health and dental insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, mandatory participation in a retirement fund (TIAA), and life insurance. A relocation allowance is provided as well as an allowance for scientific travel and other support costs.
- Fellows will be part-time UCAR employees, receiving an hourly salary range of $25.50 - 26.52 for (20 hours/week for 9 months; and up to 40 hours/week for 3 months) and a comparable benefits package.
- Students will be supported at 0.5 FTE (20 hours a week) for 9 months, and 1.0 FTE (40 hours a week) for 3 months pending approval from the institution where the student is enrolled.
- Total possible workable hours are 1,320 hours per year.
- Benefits include health and life insurance and participation in UCAR’s retirement plan (TIAA/CREF).
- The benefits package includes leave (20 days per year, plus sick leave, parental, holidays); medical, vision, dental; and retirement.
- Fellows receive a $5,000 annual allowance for scientific travel and publications each year.
Maternity and Paternity Guidelines
In the case of the birth or adoption of a child, you are eligible for up to 12 weeks of continuous leave under the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
Per UCAR policy, you may use PTO, Vacation, Sick Leave, or unpaid leave for the first 10 work days. After this period, you will be placed on Salary Continuation Pay (SCP) for the period of time your physician authorizes on the certification form. While on SCP, you will continue to receive full pay and benefits, and continue to accrue PTO or Vacation/Sick leave.
Fathers of a newborn or adopted child are also eligible for 12 weeks of FMLA leave. Family Sick Leave, PTO or Vacation leave may be used during FMLA leave.