Share Your Science: CPAESS Discovery Seminars
While the entirety of UCAR | NCAR researches various aspects of Earth system science, no one does it like UCAR | CPAESS. The breadth and depth of the branches of science that we touch as a program is impressive. To share some of this science with others we have created the CPAESS Discovery Seminar Series which has been going wonderfully!
2023 has given us some wonderful talks through this seminar including:
- Mike Mueller and Ben Johnston, CPAESS Project Scientists at NOAA Atlantic Oceanographic and Meteorological Laboratory (AOML). "An introduction to NOAA’s Quantitative Observing System Assessment Program (QOSAP)" Watch the video recording
- Lynne Hodge, CPAESS Associate Scientist, Marine Mammal & Turtle Division, NOAA Southeast Fisheries Science Center. "Shipping Noise in the northern Gulf of Mexico between 2010-2021" Watch the video recording
- Dr. Murali Nageswara Rao Malasala, CPAESS Associate Scientist at NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Prediction - Environmental Modeling Center. "Prediction skill of GEFSv12 in depicting Monthly Rainfall and Associated Extreme Events over Taiwan during Summer Monsoon" Watch the video recording
- Marcela Ulate, CPAESS Project Scientist, Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) "Impact of Stochastic Kinetic Energy Backscatter Scheme on the Navy Earth System Prediction Capability (Navy ESPC) in predicting the Madden Julian Oscillation during 2017" Watch the video recording
- Wenhao Dong, CPAESS Project Scientist at NOAA Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory (GFDL) "Simulation Mesoscale Convective Systems Using GFDL’s New High-Resolution General Circulation Model" Watch the video recording
- Ann-Christine Zinkann, CPAESS Program Specialist, NOAA's Global Ocean Monitoring and Observing Program (GOMO) "International Collaboration: Why? Who? What?" Watch the video recording
On October 18th we will have Dr. Julie Malmberg, CPAESS Sr. Learning and Development Officer at USGS: Water Mission Area will be speaking on “Building a Comprehensive Workforce Development and Training Program” (add the October Seminar to your calendar). Then on December 13th we will have Philip Hartmeyer, CPAESS Associate Scientist at the NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration present on his work in marine archeology.
All of the recordings from past CPAESS Discovery Seminar Series can be found here. We have a truly unique and diverse team, and we’d love for you to consider sharing your science with your colleagues and the public. Please check out next year’s schedule and sign up to share your work.